Friday, October 24, 2008

WOW a real annual update!

WOW,


it has been a whole year since i have been in here to dance around on the pages and leave tidbits of my life...lol


i guess that is testimony as to the overwhelming demand on one individual when they are the mom and the fulltime college student :)


at least one of the demands has been eliminated.


haaaa....i am still "the mom" and now i am also a grand-mom, with the accomplished associate degree of applied science in Digital Media Design Technology. now please don't ask me what i have learned because i sure can't spout it off at the tip of a hat, but let me sit down and get creative, i can better show by doing ...lol...


in looking over my last post a year ago, i had left things in the air with the contest i had entered. well that photo didn't make it in the selection process, but another one i had submitted did :)

out of over 4,000 entries worldwide only 200 were chosen to be in the finalists, and a piece i had titled "kelly" was chosen. i didn't receive an honorable mention or any of the higher awards but i did get a very nice certificate and my work published in the hard bound issue of Photographers Forum Best of College Photography Annual 2008. that was an awesome feeling of achievement for me.
"Kelly"
since then i have had a few other pieces of my work chosen to be published in a couple of other books, New Worlds in Digital Media Design and Photography Laureates Best of 2008 Photography Anthology... too cool.
since my graduation i have not become famous and rich, i am more on the level of the starving artist...lol...
but the things i have already done and been a part of could never be experienced based on financial status anyway... they had to be the right time the right place, and that my friends is fate.
what i have gleaned thus far as to my own personal growth as an individual and as an aspiring photojournalist could not be attained any other way than by the drive and the passion i have to capture the moment.
i must express my deep appreciation for a very special friend that has had an undaunted faith in me even when i was unsure of myself, thank you Val ~ kisses!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You are such a talented woman and wonderful mom. I know you're going to be a success in whatever you choose to do. Just remember, you know you've made it when you're on a billboard :.)

barbie~jean said...

haaaa...my dear i look forward to the day that my work is on a billboard, i'll just stand next to it...lol